Sell at the Ventures Marketplace in Pike Place Market
Access more customers & test your products
Do you have a unique, hand-crafted, locally made product and need help finding customers? Sell at the Ventures Marketplace where you have access to millions of customers each year passing through the historic Pike Place Market. All vendors at the store receive coaching from retail experts and sell their products on the shelves next to 72 other local small businesses.
- The Ventures Marketplace is located at Pike Place Market on the Mezzanine Level (down the stairs from “Rachel the Pig” in suite #521)
- Vendors consign their products and are paid on any items sold on a monthly basis
- Each business accepted into the program will sign a one-year Vendor and Consignment Agreement with a timeline for developing and growing their business
Take your business to the next level
- Receive coaching from retail experts on pricing, display, packaging and production
- Test and improve their product lines
- Gain valuable experience meeting inventory production demands
- Generate revenue through product sales
- Access to millions of potential customers who visit the historic Pike Place Market each year
- Attended an Info Session. (Haven’t done it yet? Learn how to get started)
- Graduated from the Business Basics Course
- Met with a Ventures Business Coach and enrolled in Specialized Services
- Ready to make sales
- A Washington State business license (Get one for~$20)
- A City of Seattle business license (Get one for ~$110 per year)
- Products that are handcrafted and that are appropriate for an affordable tourist destination shop
- If you sell a packaged food product, food must be prepared and packaged according to City of Seattle and State of Washington food handling guidelines and produced in a licensed commercial kitchen.
*There are no fees to join the retail store, but there is Ventures’ 50% consignment rate.
- Meet with a business coach and complete the application
- Sign Agreement Forms and submit to retail(at)venturesnonprofit.org
- Sign-up for a retail store orientation