Business Basics Course
Gain the knowledge and skills to grow your business
Ready to launch or grow your microbusiness?
Ready to launch or grow your microbusiness? In this eight-week course, you will meet once per week for three hours with peers and business coaches to learn how to take steps towards making your business dreams a reality. We will cover the basics of business marketing, sales, financial management, and operations. You will work with a community of entrepreneurs to refine your business plan and answer tough questions like “will this idea really make money?” and “how will my product or service make customers’ lives better?”
The course will culminate in a community graduation event to celebrate all that you have accomplished. After graduation, you will have access to all Specialized Services at Ventures, including microloans, business courses, incubators, coaching, and more.
At the end of the course, you’ll walk away with:
- A Ventures Course Workbook full of exercises, resources, and information
- Your completed Business Feasibility Plan
- The knowledge and skills to successfully launch or grow your business
- A community of peer and professional support that can help your business grow
- The ability to apply for other Ventures’ business courses, microloans, incubators, and coaching
- Defining your business
- Creating a Marketing Plan
- Creating a Sales Plan
- Determining your break-even point
- Creating cash flow projections
- Determining legal, taxes, and licensing
- Making money from your business
- Organizing your business
Apply for the Business Basics Course
The Business Basics Course is the entry point to our program. To apply, attend an information session, where you’ll learn more about the course and receive an application to apply. Click here to see the next information dates and to register.