Fully equipped, affordable licensed kitchen space
We Partner with Seattle Commissary Kitchen
Ventures has partnered with Seattle Commissary Kitchen to offer Ventures graduates affordable kitchen space. Business owners are able to form a contract directly with the Seattle Commissary Kitchen and choose their plan accordingly.
The kitchen is fully equipped and includes storage space. Flexible scheduling is available, making this a great option for small businesses that are just starting out. Ventures referrals are offered an introductory year of a lower monthly minimum of $200 (as opposed to $500) if they choose a Flex-Schedule Membership. After a year, they will be invited to re-sign at the current monthly minimum rate if they are still operating as a Flex-Schedule Member. All other rates are the same. Ventures referrals are treated as full members from the beginning, all Ventures graduates will still have access to free business coaching and access to our capital program for financial support.
Seattle Commissary Kitchen space offers:
- Available 7 days per week, 24 hours a day
- Flexible and Set-Schedule Options
- Located at 4634 E Marginal Way S. in Seattle with additional locations available throughout the area. More information.
Take your business to the next level
- Formalize your business and begin preparing foods in a licensed commercial kitchen space
- Practice using professional, shared prep spaces
- Receive customized coaching to help you launch or grow your food business
- Meet King County Department of Public Health requirements
- Attended an Info Session (Haven’t done it yet? Learn how to get started)
- Graduate of the Business Basics Course
- Met with Jose Vazquez, Ventures Food Business Specialist
- Ready to make sales
- Info Session: Free
- Application Fee: One-time Seattle Commissary Kitchen fee is $100, paid directly to the kitchen.
- Kitchen Membership: Rates vary, based on how often you schedule and how many people you have working in the kitchen.
- Deposit: Equal to member’s monthly fees upon signing.
- Monthly minimum: $200 for the first year and $500 thereafter.
- Storage: Dry/Cooler/Freezer storage available by the shelf for a monthly fee.
- Email: bchiffelle(at)venturesnonprofit.org for enrollment