Service Updates and Resources
Check back for updates on our services and community resources for entrepreneurs with limited resources. This page is updated 1-2 times per week as needed.
Office Closure and How to Get in Touch
Please note that the Ventures office in the 2100 Building will be closed until further notice, but our team will be working remotely and will be available via phone and email. If you have a general question and need to get in touch with us, please contact us at [email protected] or 206-352-1945.
COVID-19 Business Grants and Loans
- GoFundMe has created a matching fund for small business owners. Business owners are eligible for $500 in matching funds after raising $500. More information here.
- Kiva has expanded eligibility for their 0% interest loans up to $15,000. More information available here.
Other Resources for Your Business
- Read Washington State Department of Labor and Industries’ article detailing new state workplace masking guidelines here.
- The Small Business Administration (SBA) developed a summary of Coronavirus relief options and the criteria that must be met when considering different funding options. Learn more here.
- Ascend has created a playbook to help small businesses recover from COVID-19. View the playbook here.
- The City of Seattle has expanded street closure options to support restaurants and retail stores. Apply for a street closure permit here.
- Communities Rise has launched a new Covid-19 Small Business and Nonprofit Legal Clinic. Small businesses and nonprofits will get to meet with a lawyer for a free 60-minute legal consultation by phone or video conference (client preference). Fill out this form to get started. They also have a Lease Amendment Toolkit if you’re looking for help with your commercial lease.
- GrantNews is offering real-time updates on their website. You can sign up for business specific grant updates here.
- Ventures is proud to partner with the Seattle Office of Labor Standards (OLS) to provide outreach and education about Seattle’s labor standards. If you would like to learn more about OLS please contact OLS at 206-256-5297 or visit the OLS website.
Resources for Personal Finances
- Some Washington residents can apply through the Department of Social and Health Services for emergency cash assistance to help meet their immediate needs. Learn more here and please reach out to the Ventures team with any questions.
- HSBC’s financial education platforms, Your Money Counts and the HSBC Financial Wellness Center provide the tools to help people develop an action plan to create a budget, manage credit, purchase a home, safeguard against identity theft and more. HSBC has semiweekly one-hour virtual Financial Literacy Workshops, held on Tuesdays (Spanish) and Thursdays (English) at 2pm EST/11am PST. Join all workshops via new link. ID: 952 8146 5220 Password: 242166
Self-care and Mental Health Resources
- Brown and Brown Insurance has a “benefits hub” offering discounts on health and behavioral health services, learning resources, food and food delivery services, and more. Access the hub here.
- West African Community Council has secured a COVID vaccination opportunity for immigrants & refugees. LEarn more and join the waitlist here: https://actionnetwork.org/forms/covid-19-vaccine-waitlist?source=direct_link&
Ventures Service Updates
All Ventures courses scheduled to date will now be offered remotely online with an option to join via computer or phone. This could change based on the situation next month, but we are currently planning for following courses to be offered online. All registered participants will receive instructions on how to participate before the course. Interested in signing up for one of the courses? Please click here.
We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate with everyone if plans change before each course.
All coaching meetings will now be conducted remotely only via phone, video chat, or email. As always, meetings with Ventures coaches are FREE and UNLIMITED. Schedule a meeting with a business coach below.
- Erin Williamson, Financial Coach – Contact: [email protected] 206-960-4545
- James Dunn, Business Coach – Contact: [email protected]
- Mayra Gomez, Financial Coach – Contact: [email protected] 206-641-9964
- Ryan Calkins, Service Business Coach – Contact: [email protected] 206-960-4939
- Pam Home, Retail Coach – Contact: [email protected] 206-462-3713
- Are you a current Ventures loan client with questions about your loan? Please contact Erin Williamson ([email protected]) to learn what support is available to you during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Ventures offers small business loans from $500 – $35,000. To learn about our loans and whether they are right for your business, please contact Erin Williamson ([email protected]) or Mayra Gomez ([email protected]).
- Retail store: Ventures Marketplace at Pike Place Market is currently open Friday, Saturday and Sunday and always open at Venturesmarketplace.com! Please contact Pam Home for questions regarding our retail product based incubation program at [email protected]
- Commercial kitchen: New kitchen sign-ups have been put on hold until further notice. We will continue to monitor the situation and update clients on when this service will become available again.
Other News and Updates
- Seattle’s Office of Economic Development is offering weekly webinars on Wednesday for small businesses with questions about COVID-19. Register here
The Washington State Dept.of Health has established a call center to address questions from the public-If you have questions about what is happening in Washington state, how the virus is spread, and what to do if you have symptoms, please call 1-800-525-0127 and press # (from FAQ here). Other public health agencies are also providing regular updates:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Washington State Department of Health (DOH)
- King County Department of Public Health