The first step in getting involved with Ventures is signing up for a free Orientation. This one-session workshop is designed to introduce you to Ventures’ programs and training courses. At the end of the Orientation, you will have the option of applying for our eight-week Business Basics course. Please keep in mind that space in our Business Basics course is limited and not everyone who applies will be accepted into the program.
We offer this workshop in English and Spanish in varying locations around the Puget Sound region.
Here is what we look for in a Ventures client:
- Do you fall within our income guidelines? We serve low-income entrepreneurs – please see our income guidelines chart below to find out if you are eligible.
- Are you focused on a single business idea and ready to start a “micro” or very small for-profit business?
- Do you have experience or training that relates to the business you want to open?
- Are you at least 18 years old?
- Do you work well in a group and are you willing to listen and learn from others?
Sign up for an upcoming Orientation by clicking on your preferred date/location/language below, or contact the front desk at (206) 352-1945.
2017 Sliding Scale Fees
Ventures’ program costs $2,000 per person. However, thanks to generous sponsors who believe in our mission, students only pay $50, $100, or $200 depending on income. Your fee will be determined based on final verification of your income.
|People in Household||Income Less Than||Income Between:||Income Between:|
|1||$12,060||$12,061 - $24,120||$24,121 - $50,400|
|2||$16,240||$16,241 - $32,480||$32,481 - $57,600|
|3||$20,420||$20,421 - $40,840||$40,841 - $64,800|
|4||$24,600||$24,601 - $49,200||$49,201 - $72,000|
|5||$28,780||$28,781 - $57,560||$57,561 - $77,800|
|6||$32,960||$32,961 - $65,920||$65,921 - $83,550|
|7||$37,140||$37,141 - $74,280||$74,281 - $89,300|
|8||$41,320||$41,321 - $82,640||$82,641 - $95,050|
*Ventures will not deny service to anyone based on inability to pay. Please contact email@example.com if you would like to request a scholarship.