The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for day-to-day operation of fund development and communications activities to achieve Ventures’ revenue goals. This position will have a key role in donor engagement by providing high-quality database and event management, and through direct interactions with donors and clients. Through high collaboration with the Development Team, this position will high ensure the sustainability of Ventures, with its critical mission of providing business development services to entrepreneurs with limited resources.
Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Development Department Administration (50%)
- Perform administrative duties including filing, copying, sorting, etc.
- Process incoming donations efficiently and accurately, enter data, write and prepare acknowledgement letters and ensure all donors are acknowledged within 3 days;
- Prepare and submit accurate bank deposits in a timely manner
- Support accounting activities such as receiving and copying checks, making deposits, and working with finance department to match accounting and donor records; work with Director to monitor expense tracking systems and support financial operations;
- Work with Annual Giving Manager to pull reports for stewardship activities (such as mailings and invitations) and provide progress reports and reconciliation to Development team;
- Maintain accurate and current funder files; support the entire team in maintaining organized and detailed records of interactions with funders; upload all grant reports and applications to CRM database, Little Green Light.
- Administer workplace giving and online giving accounts; gifts, and soft credits
- Implement process improvement wherever possible, ensure all processes are lean and efficient;
- Prepare documents, presentations, materials for meetings, tabling events, and individual asks as requested by Development team; maintain up-to-date materials.
General Fundraising (25%)
- Support Annual Giving Manager in managing and updating calendar for individual stewardship activities;
- Draft and mail gift acknowledgement letters;
- Support with application and reporting deadlines; contribute to reports and applications;
- Support with planning and implementation of annual fundraising event: take notes at committee meetings, complete vendor outreach, track RSVPs and attendance, track event budget, organize supplies and coordinate volunteers and staff day-of, and support with post-event processing;
- Actively seek opportunities to table at events to promote Ventures and recruit volunteers and potential donors;
- Implement customized donor recognition plans as set by Annual Giving Manager.
- Support in donor relations by calling or emailing donors to thank for their gifts or follow up on gifts that did not successfully process. Track and follow-up on corporate matching gifts.
- Write fundraising-related social media and blog content; and provide social media back-up.
- Contribute to a story bank by working with and interviewing clients to write2-3 stories per month and integrate into monthly stewardship and reporting activities.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Pay Range: $20-$23/hr.
- Subsidized Medical insurance –90% of premiums paid for by Ventures
- Paid Dental Insurance -100% Ventures paid premiums
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- 403b Retirement Account with 2.5% employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Subsidized ORCA pass
- Annual professional development& workplace wellness spending allowance
- Generous paid leave, including 17paid holidays per year; 17 to 22paid vacation days per year (depending upon tenure); and 12 paid sick days per year
- Department: Development
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Supervisor: Director of Development
- Schedule: Full Time, 40 hours per week, exact schedule to be determined, occasional evening and weekends required
- Location: 2100 24thAvenue South, Suite 380, Seattle, WA 98144 *note that most employees are working remotely through 12/31/2021, however this position requires being in the Ventures office at least once per week.
All staff are expected to engage in activities that contribute to the general wellbeing of the organization. Unless specifically stated otherwise, staff should expect to:
- Adhere to and demonstrate the Ventures core values in their work: integrity, diversity, empowerment, community, innovation, and client-success.
- Participate in staff meetings, organizational wide professional development and training, department workgroups and committees, etc.,
- Contribute to the cleanliness and organization of the physical environment;
- Attend and participate in client and volunteer events when practical;
- Support fund development through activities such as attending and bringing guests to events, bringing content expertise to grant writing or donor solicitations, adhering to brand guidelines etc.;
- Interest in supporting diverse, vulnerable communities and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities, income levels, etc.
- One year experience in administration, communications, sales, or non-profit role;
- Interest in non-profit fundraising: event planning, individual giving, , grant writing;
- Ability to learn new things quickly and nimbly, juggle competing deadlines, anticipate and prioritize team needs and solve problems creatively;
- Very strong writing skills;
- Ability to collaborate and maintain professional relationships with a variety people: public and private organizations, board members, volunteers, staff and clients; interpersonal relationship skills a must;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; occasional evening and weekends may be required;
- Excellent use of online storage systems, Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) with proficiency in mail merge and business correspondence;
- Highly organized with great attention to detail, planning, and efficiency skills.
- Experience with data entry, data management, expertise in CRMs a plus;
- Experience in non-profit fundraising or administration;
- Experience with grant contracts, reporting or meeting strict deadlines and project management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The employee must be able to operate a computer and other office equipment, speak and listen on the telephone, and accurately see and interpret columns of numbers.
Please send a cover letter highlighting how your qualifications align with this position and your resume to Celia Weisman, Director of Development at [email protected].
While we will start reviewing applications on a rolling basis, the position will remain open until we find our ideal candidate. The desired start date for this position will be August 16, 2021.
BACKGROUND CHECK PROCEDURE
The offer of this position at Ventures is contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
Reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities can be made upon request. To request an accommodation or for further information, please contact Celia Weisman at [email protected].
This position description generally describes the principle functions of the position and the level of knowledge and skills typically required. It does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and it is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are considered without regard to race, age, sex, color, creed, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, mental or physical handicap, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and gender expression of identity) or any other classification protected by law.