Service Update and Resources: COVID-19
Check back for updates on our services and community resources for entrepreneurs with limited resources. This page is updated 2-3 times per week.
Last updated: 9:00 am on July 31st
Office Closure and How to Get in Touch
Please note that the Ventures office in the 2100 Building will be closed until further notice, but our team will be working remotely and will be available via phone and email. If you have a general question and need to get in touch with us, please contact us at email@example.com or 206-352-1945.
Resources for Your Business
- The City of Seattle has expanded street closure options to support restaurants and retail stores. Apply for a street closure permit here.
- GoFundMe has created a matching fund for small business owners. Business owners are eligible for $500 in matching funds after raising $500. More information here.
- Kiva has expanded eligibility for their 0% interest loans up to $15,000. More information available here.
- The Seattle Sounders are offering up to $7,500 in relief for small businesses. Apply here.
- LISC’s Rapid Relief & Recovery Fund programs to help business with immediate financial impact is now open. Click here to apply by August 3.
- Visa is supporting Black women-owned small businesses in the United States through a new grant program and educational resources. Applications are being accepted from June 30, 2020 through July 31, 2020. More info here.
- Communities Rise has launched a new Covid-19 Small Business and Nonprofit Legal Clinic. Small businesses and nonprofits will get to meet with a lawyer for a free 60-minute legal consultation by phone or video conference (client preference). Fill out this form to get started. They also have a Lease Amendment Toolkit if you’re looking for help with your commercial lease.
- The City of Seattle is hosting a webinar on how to do business with the city on August 7th. More info here.
- Find out if your business is considered “essential” with these guidelines from Washington State. If you fit, you can register your business here to make sure that you are allowed to continue operating.
Resources for Personal Finances
- Beginning Friday, April 17, some Washington residents can apply through the Department of Social and Health Services for emergency cash assistance to help meet their immediate needs. Learn more here and please reach out to the Ventures team with any questions.
Self-care and Mental Health Resources
- Brown and Brown Insurance has a “benefits hub” offering discounts on health and behavioral health services, learning resources, food and food delivery services, and more. Access the hub here.
Ventures Service Updates
All Ventures courses scheduled to date will now be offered remotely online with an option to join via computer or phone. This could change based on the situation next month, but we are currently planning for following courses to be offered online. All registered participants will receive instructions on how to participate before the course. Interested in signing up for one of the courses? Please click here.
We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate with everyone if plans change before each course.
All coaching meetings will now be conducted remotely only via phone, video chat, or email. As always, meetings with Ventures coaches are FREE and UNLIMITED. Schedule a meeting with a business coach below.
- Christian Morales, Food Business Coach – Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 206-960-4973 (FOOD BUSINESSES: KING COUNTY IS EXTENDING THE TIMELINE FOR SUBMITTING PERMIT FEES. Please contact Christian with further questions.
- James Dunn, Business Coach – Contact: email@example.com
- Are you a current Ventures loan client with questions about your loan? Please contact Erin Williamson (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn what support is available to you during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Ventures offers small business loans from $500 – $35,000. To learn about our loans and whether they are right for your business, please contact Erin Williamson (email@example.com) or Mayra Gomez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Retail store: the Ventures Marketplace will be closed to the public until further notice, but we have launched the Ventures Marketplace Online! Please reach out to Betsy Earl with your questions or issues. Bearl@venturesnonprofit.org
- Commercial kitchen: New kitchen sign-ups have been put on hold until further notice. We will continue to monitor the situation and update clients on when this service will become available again.
As COVID-19 is an evolving situation, we will be in communication if there are any other changes to our services.
Other News and Updates
- Seattle’s Office of Economic Development is offering weekly webinars on Wednesday for small businesses with questions about COVID-19. Register here
The Washington State Dept.of Health has established a call center to address questions from the public-If you have questions about what is happening in Washington state, how the virus is spread, and what to do if you have symptoms, please call 1-800-525-0127 and press # (from FAQ here). Other public health agencies are also providing regular updates:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Washington State Department of Health (DOH)
- King County Department of Public Health